Saturday, November 08, 2008

Lucky.

I can not believe how unbelievably blessed and lucky I am. I spent the past 24 hours packing, moving, hauling, driving a way too large U-Haul afraid I would kill someone (happy to report, I didn't. However, I did manage to knock out a light!). I am exhausted, drained. My feet are the size of a small child and my face looks as if someone has siphoned every last drop of color out of it.
But I am thrilled. In a deadbeat tired sort of way. One very kind and benevolent gentleman has opened his home to me, and his back house, and I am in my own little piece of quiet paradise. Yes, I am amidst boxes and suitcases and just stuff. But I have a place to lay my oh so weary head and allow it to be heavy. And allow myself to sleep as long as I want to without having to worry about arising for work, or a shoot, or a meeting or packing or getting to a class. NOTHING. Who knows, I may sleep until noon. Probably not, but just knowing I can means all the world to me. I have no plans. Not for tomorrow. Not really for the next week. Nor for the month. Day by glorious day. Sunrise until beautiful sunset. I can do whatever I please.
I'd like to take this opportunity to thank three people for today. Jim, your moving skills are stellar. You may want to quit BOTH of your day jobs. Although, I don't think the pay would be as good. Andre. Your constant support and generosity of spirit astound me. I adore you.
And Dan. For giving me a place to rest my head and hang my hat for a while. And to all of those who have supported and encouraged me on this journey. Thank you. Thank you. And thank you.

No comments: